Why recruit new member owners to Terre Foods? Without at least 600 members we cannot take the next step to opening the store. It’s that simple. It’s imperative. It’s must-do. And why not do it now?
The absolute BEST way to get new member owners is for our current member owners to recruit their family, neighbors, friends and co-workers to join!
How To Recruit New Member Owners to Terre Foods:
- Come to a training! You’ll learn more information, have questions answered and learn how to respond to objections. March 28, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 1875 S. Fruitridge Ave., Terre Haute
- Wear the buttons. They serve as great conversation starters!
- Know your stuff. Read information about Terre Foods and find an FAQ about the coop included in this toolkit or on the web at www.terrefoods.coop
- Know the payment options. Remind them that it’s a one-time equity payment. No annual fees. We will likely invite them to make a member loan to provide necessary capital for the project but it’s optional.
- Stock up on Membership Brochures and “Membership has Benefits!” discount info cards. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request as many as you need!
- Know your audience! Spend your energy talking to people who you think would be interested:
- Natural food/product people
- New families, especially those with very young children
- “Buy local!” supporters
- Those worried about their health
- Retirees and the elderly
- Know that it will take multiple “asks” before they sign: A standard rule of thumb is to ask 6 times in 6 ways. So start now. In addition to your efforts, Terre Foods has an advertising awareness campaign going on now through April 30 to help bolster your message!
- Use email. Tell your story about what prompted you to become an owner.
- Use social media. “Like” Terre Foods on Facebook and follow us on Twitter then share our posts with your friends.
- Have a party, invite a board member to come and informally talk to your guests about the coop. We love parties! Email to email@example.com
- Work the Farmer’s Market. Help staff our table, Saturdays beginning in May. Contact Holly Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invite friends to road trip. If you’re headed to Bloomington or Paoli, take a friend or family member along and stop at Bloomingfoods (3 locations www.bloomingfoods.coop) or Lost River Market and Deli in Paoli (www.lostrivercoop.com) and show them what it’s all about!
Don’t forget: For every member you recruit, you receive a $20 gift card to Terre Foods!